Orthodox Religious Authority
Doju Jo Jeongsan received the 'Orthodox Religious Authority' from Gucheon Sangje through a revelation. In his last words before passing away into heaven, Doju transmitted the lineage to Dojeon Park Wudang. The religious orthodoxy of our order is not a mere thing which is given and taken in the conventional sense, but rather it is a profound source of holiness which has been bestowed directly by heaven.
Supreme God of the Ninth Heaven, Kang Jeungsan (1871~1909)
Upon the plea and petition of the great deities of Heaven and Earth, Gucheon Daewon Johwa Jushin* descended to Cheongye Tower in the Land of Great Law in the West. Here, He made 'a Great Itineration (Daesoon)' around the Three Realms of Heaven, Earth and Humanity.
*Gucheon Daewon Johwa Jushin : the divine title of Gang Jeungsan as the Supreme Being before His descent to the human world. This title signifies the source of all entities along with every mysterious transformation in the universe.
He spiritually entered the golden Maitreya Buddha statue and stayed there for thirty years. This statue is enshrined in Geumsan Temple at Moak Mountain in Jeolla Province, Korea.
- On September 19th, 1871, He was born as a human being in the Gang family in Jeolla Province. His honorific name was Jeungsan.
- From the year 1897 onward
- He travelled around the whole country for three years with His great intention to save the world.
- In 1901
- He opened the Great Daesoon Truth through his unremitting efforts accomplished during a 49 day fast at Daewon Temple, and exercised judgment upon the deities in charge of the Former World.
- From 1901 to 1909
- He carried out the task of Reordering the Universe.
- Having completed that nine-year duration of Great Works, Sangje passed into heaven on June 24th, 1909.